- Flavor: Hotter than white galanagal; pungent, with aromatic floral and spruce notes
- Unlike fresh ginger and turmeric, galangal is very fibrous and tough to slice. Please use caution when preparing
- No hardened skin; no peeling required -- so you keep all the weight that has been purchased!
- More perishable, but easier to work with especially when chopping large amounts
- Easy to store in freezer and zest into food as needed (do not thaw); will keep in freezer for up to 1 year
- Recommended for culinary uses only
Please note: Rayburn Farms' fresh galangal should be used for culinary purposes only. We recommend storing rhizomes at room temperature in a plastic bag for up to 2 weeks. Storing the rhizomes in the refrigerator may cause limpness. Rhizomes may also be stored frozen and zested/grated (while frozen) into drinks and food for up to one year.